Update (7:19 pm) -
-The festival feeds those of us who work here. Normally the food is pretty good, but tonight I seem to have gotten my hands on some bad bbq. I am NOT feeling well at all. I don't want to go from being "That pregnant photographer" to "that barfing photographer". Or anything else embarrassing.
- The Hillside Zeppelin set was pretty sweeeeet.
- I always run into the most random people here. I've seen several people from college, a few media people, and a guy who recognized me from being a sideline shooter at football games.
Update (3:38 pm) -
- Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memoreeeeee. This weather is blecch- I'm so glad I'm not out in the audience with only a plastic poncho to keep away nature's wrath.
- The Waybacks and John Cowan are performing all of Led Zeppelin's II on the Hillside Stage here in a bit. I'll def. have to make my way over there and take that one in. It's one of my favorite albums by them.
Original post -
- This morning was perfect. Beautiful. Sunny.
Now we are in the midst of the first real spring thunderstorm of the year. And I am coming to you live (right now) from an aluminum tent. My father-in-law would be horrified.
I am very, very glad that DJ chose not to bring Pookie down here today. I am unimpressed by a mere radar image showing a monster storm, but he was raised to respect that big green blog and heed its fury.
- More dudes in skirts. More ball sweat.
- Still no female photogs, and the count on "That's a big ol camera for a lady" is at about 14 so far. You'll think "big ol camera" when I smack you upside the head with it.*
* I would never do that. The lens cost too damn much.
- This is from last night, but here are some Avett Brothers for your Saturday viewing.